New Clairvaux Abbey
The Reconstruction of the 12th Century Chapter House, Santa Maria de Ovila, original stones shipped from Spain. The Abbey is a Benedictine Cistercian Trappist monastery in Tehama County Vina, Northern California. NewClairvauxVineyard.com | TehamaCounty.com
The stone walls of the Abbey were bought in Guadalajara, Spain, by San Franciscan, William Randolph Hearst (1863-1951). The stones were shipped to the San Francisco bay in 1931, and placed in the Golden Gate Park for the last 70 years. Recently the stones were trucked to Vina, Northern California. Now standing again in the original form and purpose,
as one of the oldest buildings in the United States. The monks maintain and harvest over 500 acres of vineyards.
Chris Fabbri’s portrait drawings of Merton and Hearst are now showing in the wine tasting room. New Clairvaux Abbey 7th St. Tehama county, Vina, Northern California -showing since 2009